Death toll in Bhiwandi building crash rises to 8
Thane: The death toll in the building crash
incident that took place in Bhiwandi town in the district here
last evening, has risen to eight, with the death of two more
persons, including a five-year old girl, police said on Wednesday.
Safia M Ansari (5) and Sagar S Gadal (19), who were
severely injured in the incident, died on Wednesday while undergoing
treatment, police said, adding the owner of the building Nasir
Sayeed has been arrested.
Six women had died and at least twenty persons were
injured after a four-storey building had collapsed yesterday.
The building, which stood at Gautam Compound Navi Basti,
reportedly housed nearly a hundred families. It was originally
a two storey building and two floors, possibly illegally, were
added on to it later.
The other injured are undergoing treatment at Thane civil
hospital and MGM hospital in Bhiwandi, police said.
Further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra