Death toll in Bhiwandi building crash rises to 8
Thane: The death toll in the building crash
incident that took place in Bhiwandi town in the district here
last evening, has risen to eight, with the death of two more
persons, including a five-year old girl, police said on Wednesday.
Safia M Ansari (5) and Sagar S Gadal (19), who were
severely injured in the incident, died on Wednesday while undergoing
treatment, police said, adding the owner of the building Nasir
Sayeed has been arrested.
Six women had died and at least twenty persons were
injured after a four-storey building had collapsed yesterday.
The building, which stood at Gautam Compound Navi Basti,
reportedly housed nearly a hundred families. It was originally
a two storey building and two floors, possibly illegally, were
added on to it later.
The other injured are undergoing treatment at Thane civil
hospital and MGM hospital in Bhiwandi, police said.
Further investigations are on.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference