Death toll in Gadchiroli blast mounts to 13
Nagpur: The death toll in the landmine blast
triggered by the Maoists in Maharashtra`s Gadchiroli district on March 27 has risen to 13 with the death of a CRPF trooper,
police said Thursday.
Nayan Jyoti, who hailed from Assam, succumbed to his
injuries in a private hospital here last night, police said,
adding his mortal remains are being flown to his native place
after the postmortem is conducted.
A group of Naxalites had triggered a landmine blast
killing 12 CRPF personnel of the 192nd battalion, including
two officers when their vehicle was blown off at Pushtola
village in Aheri taluka of the Maoist-infested district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases
- ED officer loses annual increments for harassing woman
- Finally! Ringing Bells ready with two lakh Freedom 251 phones: Mohit Goel