Death toll in Gadchiroli blast mounts to 13
Nagpur: The death toll in the landmine blast
triggered by the Maoists in Maharashtra`s Gadchiroli district on March 27 has risen to 13 with the death of a CRPF trooper,
police said Thursday.
Nayan Jyoti, who hailed from Assam, succumbed to his
injuries in a private hospital here last night, police said,
adding his mortal remains are being flown to his native place
after the postmortem is conducted.
A group of Naxalites had triggered a landmine blast
killing 12 CRPF personnel of the 192nd battalion, including
two officers when their vehicle was blown off at Pushtola
village in Aheri taluka of the Maoist-infested district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster