Death toll in Nashik road accident climbs to six
Nashik: With two more persons succumbing to injuries, the death toll in truck accident here rose to six, police said Tuesday.
Four workers were killed and six others got injured when a truck ferrying them to Mokhada in neighbouring Thane district overturned and fell into a gorge last evening.
Two of the six injured died at Nashik Civil hospital last night, police said.
All the victims travelling in the ill-fated truck were from Andhra Pradesh.
Two of the six deceased have been identified as - Rajdhar Manila Singhy and Chhatri Singh, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok