Death toll in Pune building collapse climbs to 10
Pune: The death toll in the Pune building collapse has risen to 10 with four persons succumbing to their injuries, police said on Tuesday.
The mishap took place yesterday when a three-storeyed under construction structure in Dhankawadi area caved in killing six persons on the spot and injuring 11 others.
The bodies of five men and a woman were extricated by fire officials from under the rubble of the building located near the Taljai hillock in the area.
Four others, who were admitted to Sasoon and Bharti Vidyapeeth hospitals here following the mishap have succumbed to their injuries, police said.
According to sources, most of the victims, who have not been identified yet, were construction workers staying in the precarious structure.
Also, a case has been registered against former Congress corporator Sanjay Nande and one Lahuji Sawant, who owns the land on which the building was coming up.
The offence is registered under sections 304, 337 and 338 of the Indian Penal Code, police said.
"As the building was an unauthorised construction, we already had issued notices to Nande and Sawant on September 1," said Pune Municipal Commissioner Mahesh Pathak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam