Death toll in vehicle collision rises to 15
Aurangabad (Maha): The death toll in the mishap in which a container and pickup van collided with each other near Chorakhali Pati village in Kalamb tehsil of Osmanabad district rose to 15 on Wednesday, police said.
"Fourteen passengers were killed and eight others, including six children, were injured when a pickup van in which they were travelling had a head-on collision with a container last night," police said.
Five seriously injured were admitted to Solapur district hospital for treatment in the wee hours. However, one of them died on the way, police added.
All the deceased hailed from Uplai village in Kalamb tehsil and were returning after attending a religious function in Tuljapur, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO