Death toll in vehicle collision rises to 15
Aurangabad (Maha): The death toll in the mishap in which a container and pickup van collided with each other near Chorakhali Pati village in Kalamb tehsil of Osmanabad district rose to 15 on Wednesday, police said.
"Fourteen passengers were killed and eight others, including six children, were injured when a pickup van in which they were travelling had a head-on collision with a container last night," police said.
Five seriously injured were admitted to Solapur district hospital for treatment in the wee hours. However, one of them died on the way, police added.
All the deceased hailed from Uplai village in Kalamb tehsil and were returning after attending a religious function in Tuljapur, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional