Debt-ridden farmer ends life
Nashik: A 45-year-old debt-ridden farmer
allegedly committed suicide in a village near here in North Maharashtra, police said on Wednesday.
Sanjay Tapiram Desle, a resident of Kalwadi, consumed
poison at his house last night and succumbed in Malegaon Civil
Hospital today, they said.
Desle had taken loans from credit societies and was
finding it difficult to repay them, which led him to take the
extreme step, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister