Debt-ridden farmer ends life
Nashik: A 45-year-old debt-ridden farmer
allegedly committed suicide in a village near here in North Maharashtra, police said on Wednesday.
Sanjay Tapiram Desle, a resident of Kalwadi, consumed
poison at his house last night and succumbed in Malegaon Civil
Hospital today, they said.
Desle had taken loans from credit societies and was
finding it difficult to repay them, which led him to take the
extreme step, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued