Decide on plea over installation of lift in school: HC to PWD
Mumbai: In a respite to pre-primary students of Dunne`s Institute in south Mumbai, the Bombay High Court on Tuesday directed the state PWD to decide on a plea made by the trust owning the building, seeking permission to install a new lift, which could be used by the students.
Presently, the students have to climb six floors to attend classes.
A division bench of Justices D Y Chandrachud and Amjad Sayed directed the authorities to conduct inspection of the new lift on April 18 and thereafter decide on the application made by K R Cama Oriental Institute building within two weeks.
The trust had restrained students from the using the existing lift after it broke down in 2012. Subsequently a new lift was installed by the necessary permissions were not taken.
Following this, a bunch of parents moved the high court, seeking direction to the Public Works Department (PWD) to decide on the application made by the trust as expeditiously as possible or direct the trust to permit the students to allow the existing lift.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi