Decision on Ajit after talking to NCP, Cong leaders: Prithviraj Chavan
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Tuesday said he will speak to leaders of his party Congress and those from ally NCP before taking a decision on the resignation of his deputy Ajit Pawar.
"I have received a letter from Ajit Pawar tendering resignation from the Council of Ministers and suggesting alternative arrangements for the portfolios held by him. I will consult leaders of both the parties before taking a decision," he told reporters here.
Chavan met Congress Ministers and leaders to discuss the political situation arising out of Ajit Pawar`s resignation.
Pawar, who belongs to NCP, resigned today amid allegations of irregularities in granting administrative approvals for projects involving several crore of rupees during his decade-long tenure as Irrigation Minister. He holds Finance and Energy portfolios in the Prithviraj Chavan government.
Hours later, all NCP Ministers in the Congress-led government submitted their resignations to the party`s state unit chief Madhukar Pichad. The NCP legislature party is scheduled to meet tomorrow afternoon to discuss the further course of action.
Congress and Sharad Pawar-led NCP are coalition partners in Maharashtra and also at the Centre. Both parties are part of Democratic Front which is in power in the state since 1999.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda