Defeated LS candidates in MNS list of 100 for Assembly poll
Mumbai: Names of almost all the candidates
of the Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS), who
lost the Lok Sabha elections from Mumbai, figure in the list
of 100 nominees announced by the party for the October 13
Assembly polls in the state.
Announcing the list here today, Raj said another one
would be announced in two days.
Prominent in the list are Shalini Thackeray (Dindoshi),
Shishir Shinde (Bhandup West), Shirish Parkar (Vile Parle),
Shilpa Sarpotdar (Bandra East) and Bala Nandgaonkar (Sewree).
All of them lost from Mumbai in the Lok Sabha polls.
The list also includes key party functionaries Praveen
Darekar (Magothane), Nitin Sardesai (Mahim) and former Sena
corporator from Thane, Sudhakar Chavan (Ovla Majiwada).
The interests of `Marathi manoos` would be a priority
for the MNS, he said, ridiculing attempts by Shiv Sena to
portray itself as the true protector of Marathi people.
"The fact that their (Sena-BJP) campaign is being
launched from Vikhroli is an indication that they are not
confident," Raj, whose speech at Vikhroli last year had kick
started his anti-north Indian agitation, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed