Deficient rains may lead to serious situation: Pawar
Thane: Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Sunday expressed concern over deficient rains and said that the country may face serious situation if it does not rain in the next two months.
"Everything depends on the return of rains in August and September. But if it doesn`t, the situation would become serious," he said.
Pawar was speaking at the inauguration of a skywalk at Bonkode in Navi Mumbai.
The NCP chief lauded the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation for its public utility works and said that efforts should be made to make the city more environment-friendly and beautiful.
Thane district Guardian Minister Ganesh Naik, Minister of State for Urban Development Bhaskar Jadhav, City and Industrial Development Corporation (CIDCO) chairman Pramod Hindurao and Thane MP Sanjeev Naik were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'