Deficient rains may lead to serious situation: Pawar
Thane: Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Sunday expressed concern over deficient rains and said that the country may face serious situation if it does not rain in the next two months.
"Everything depends on the return of rains in August and September. But if it doesn`t, the situation would become serious," he said.
Pawar was speaking at the inauguration of a skywalk at Bonkode in Navi Mumbai.
The NCP chief lauded the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation for its public utility works and said that efforts should be made to make the city more environment-friendly and beautiful.
Thane district Guardian Minister Ganesh Naik, Minister of State for Urban Development Bhaskar Jadhav, City and Industrial Development Corporation (CIDCO) chairman Pramod Hindurao and Thane MP Sanjeev Naik were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video