Defying SC order, will Maharashtra govt ban dance bars?
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: In spite of the Supreme Court`s order of reopening dance bars here, the Maharashtra government seems to be firm on putting a blanket ban on them.
Home Minister RR Patil on Monday indicated that the government is mulling withdrawal of dance performance license from star hotels to remove any disparity.
Replying to a query by MNS legislator Bala Nandgaonkar in the House, Patil said that if needed, the dance bar licenses issued to the star hotels (3 or 5 star hotels) will be withdrawn.
"The state government will take a decision in two days on the verdict of Supreme Court that upheld the Bombay High Court`s decision to quash the ban on dance bars," Patil said.
Nandgaonkar and senior PWP legislator Ganpatrao Deshmukh wanted to know the steps being taken by the state government on the Supreme Court ruling on dance bars.
"We have sought legal opinion from experts in Delhi and Mumbai. The state government is of the view that the ban on dance bars should continue," the Home Minister said.
The government has formed a committee of experts to decide further course of action, he said.
The apex court had last week lifted the ban on dance bars quashing the law approved by the state legislature.
"Within the next two days, the government will inform the House about its stand on the steps being taken on the Supreme Court ruling," Patil said.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you