Demand to declare Rahata taluka as drought-affecte
Shirdi (Mah): Shiv Sena and BJP activists Monday took out a rally demanding to declare Rahata taluka of Ahmednagar district as drought affected.
In a symbolic protest, a funeral procession of the Congress-NCP government in the state was taken out in the leadership of Sena MP Bhausaheb Waghcoure.
The Maharashtra government has declared 122 talukas as drought affected but not included Rahata taluka, which is facing acute shortage of water, they said.
About 200 Sena-BJP activists staged the morcha protesting against the state government around 11 AM.
Later, they staged a road blocade on Ahmednagar-Manmad road for an hour and burnt effigies of the government in front of the Saibaba temple here.
The activists alleged that the government is spending Rs 50 crore for shirdi airport, Rs 10 crore for student`s benches but failed to spend on drought-like situation in Rahata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!