Demand to declare Rahata taluka as drought-affecte
Shirdi (Mah): Shiv Sena and BJP activists Monday took out a rally demanding to declare Rahata taluka of Ahmednagar district as drought affected.
In a symbolic protest, a funeral procession of the Congress-NCP government in the state was taken out in the leadership of Sena MP Bhausaheb Waghcoure.
The Maharashtra government has declared 122 talukas as drought affected but not included Rahata taluka, which is facing acute shortage of water, they said.
About 200 Sena-BJP activists staged the morcha protesting against the state government around 11 AM.
Later, they staged a road blocade on Ahmednagar-Manmad road for an hour and burnt effigies of the government in front of the Saibaba temple here.
The activists alleged that the government is spending Rs 50 crore for shirdi airport, Rs 10 crore for student`s benches but failed to spend on drought-like situation in Rahata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?