Demand to declare Rahata taluka as drought-affecte
Shirdi (Mah): Shiv Sena and BJP activists Monday took out a rally demanding to declare Rahata taluka of Ahmednagar district as drought affected.
In a symbolic protest, a funeral procession of the Congress-NCP government in the state was taken out in the leadership of Sena MP Bhausaheb Waghcoure.
The Maharashtra government has declared 122 talukas as drought affected but not included Rahata taluka, which is facing acute shortage of water, they said.
About 200 Sena-BJP activists staged the morcha protesting against the state government around 11 AM.
Later, they staged a road blocade on Ahmednagar-Manmad road for an hour and burnt effigies of the government in front of the Saibaba temple here.
The activists alleged that the government is spending Rs 50 crore for shirdi airport, Rs 10 crore for student`s benches but failed to spend on drought-like situation in Rahata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal