Demand to declare Rahata taluka as drought-affecte
Shirdi (Mah): Shiv Sena and BJP activists Monday took out a rally demanding to declare Rahata taluka of Ahmednagar district as drought affected.
In a symbolic protest, a funeral procession of the Congress-NCP government in the state was taken out in the leadership of Sena MP Bhausaheb Waghcoure.
The Maharashtra government has declared 122 talukas as drought affected but not included Rahata taluka, which is facing acute shortage of water, they said.
About 200 Sena-BJP activists staged the morcha protesting against the state government around 11 AM.
Later, they staged a road blocade on Ahmednagar-Manmad road for an hour and burnt effigies of the government in front of the Saibaba temple here.
The activists alleged that the government is spending Rs 50 crore for shirdi airport, Rs 10 crore for student`s benches but failed to spend on drought-like situation in Rahata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi