Denied ticket, Shiv Sena MP Gajanan Babar resigns
Pune: Sitting Shiv Sena MP from Maval, Gajanan Babar on Tuesday resigned from the party after being denied ticket from the seat for the Lok Sabha elections.
Babar told reporters at Pimpri near here that he had resigned from Sena`s primary membership and would decide on "future course of action" on March 22.
"I was expecting the party ticket this time. Shiv Sena, however, seems to be adopting the Congress style of functioning which involves corruption in ticket distribution," he alleged.
The announcement of resignation by Babar came after Sena President Uddhav Thackeray declared local Sena leader Srirang Barne as the party nominee from Maval.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price