Denied ticket, Shiv Sena MP Gajanan Babar resigns
Pune: Sitting Shiv Sena MP from Maval, Gajanan Babar on Tuesday resigned from the party after being denied ticket from the seat for the Lok Sabha elections.
Babar told reporters at Pimpri near here that he had resigned from Sena`s primary membership and would decide on "future course of action" on March 22.
"I was expecting the party ticket this time. Shiv Sena, however, seems to be adopting the Congress style of functioning which involves corruption in ticket distribution," he alleged.
The announcement of resignation by Babar came after Sena President Uddhav Thackeray declared local Sena leader Srirang Barne as the party nominee from Maval.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand