Deora peeved over slow pace of work by Maha Govt
Mumbai: Union Minister of State for
Communication and IT Milind Deora has rued that "decision deficit" in Maharashtra government, headed by his party Congress, has led to delayed execution of projects in the state.
The two-term MP from South Mumbai, however, does not doubt
the "sincerity" of Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj
Chavan, evident in his latest tweet on twitter.
Deora`s reaction follows reports that Mumbai`s
Taraporewala Aquarium makeover has got delayed due to a fresh
"Mumbai`s Aquarium and Zoo revamp further delayed. No
progress on Girni Kamgar issue & Sewri-Nhava Sea Link. Severe
decision deficit in Maha," he said.
However, he acknowledged Chavan`s clean image, saying,
"I too believe in his intent and sincerity."
Chief Minister Chavan has often been accused by some in
the ruling coalition and Opposition alike for sitting over
files, causing avoidable delay in implementation of various
In his tweet, Deora said that though consensus-building is
important, it may not always be an efficient way to handle
"Many critical projects are no-brainers, non-controversial
and win-wins for all. Consensus building is important but not
always efficient," 35-year-old Deora said while suggesting
quick decision-making as remedy.
"(What is needed is) quick decision making regardless of
baseless allegations from opposition, media, etc," he said.
"Sounds trite, but political parties must support the Maha
Govt and MCGM in identifying and helping expedite critical
projects for Mumbai," he added.
Deora also expressed his apprehensions over the promise by
the government to boost water transport in the state. "The
govt says it will implement water transport on both coasts by
June 2014. Do you think that`s possible?" he tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'