Deora peeved over slow pace of work by Maha Govt
Mumbai: Union Minister of State for
Communication and IT Milind Deora has rued that "decision deficit" in Maharashtra government, headed by his party Congress, has led to delayed execution of projects in the state.
The two-term MP from South Mumbai, however, does not doubt
the "sincerity" of Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj
Chavan, evident in his latest tweet on twitter.
Deora`s reaction follows reports that Mumbai`s
Taraporewala Aquarium makeover has got delayed due to a fresh
"Mumbai`s Aquarium and Zoo revamp further delayed. No
progress on Girni Kamgar issue & Sewri-Nhava Sea Link. Severe
decision deficit in Maha," he said.
However, he acknowledged Chavan`s clean image, saying,
"I too believe in his intent and sincerity."
Chief Minister Chavan has often been accused by some in
the ruling coalition and Opposition alike for sitting over
files, causing avoidable delay in implementation of various
In his tweet, Deora said that though consensus-building is
important, it may not always be an efficient way to handle
"Many critical projects are no-brainers, non-controversial
and win-wins for all. Consensus building is important but not
always efficient," 35-year-old Deora said while suggesting
quick decision-making as remedy.
"(What is needed is) quick decision making regardless of
baseless allegations from opposition, media, etc," he said.
"Sounds trite, but political parties must support the Maha
Govt and MCGM in identifying and helping expedite critical
projects for Mumbai," he added.
Deora also expressed his apprehensions over the promise by
the government to boost water transport in the state. "The
govt says it will implement water transport on both coasts by
June 2014. Do you think that`s possible?" he tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues