Derailment in Beed district of Maharashtra
Hyderabad: Rail traffic on Latur Road-Parli Vaijnath section of Secunderabad Division of South Central Railway (SCR) was affected this morning after a passenger train derailed between Ghatnandur and Parli Vaijnath stations in the Beed district of Maharashtra.
Five coaches and the engine of Miraj-Parli Vaijnath Passenger Train (51426) went off the tracks at about 0810 hours today, SCR said in a release here.
There were no casualties, according to SCR.
Accident Relief Trains from Purna and Secunderabad, and a Medical Relief Van from Purna were rushed; Divisional Railway Manager, Secunderabad Division and other senior officials also left for the site.
Parli Vaijnath-Miraj passenger (51425), Aurangabad- Hyderabad passenger (57550) and Hyderabad-Aurangabad passenger (57549 were cancelled.
Meanwhile, senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde, who represents Beed in Lok Sabha, demanded that tracks between Ghatnandur and Parali be replaced, following today`s mishap.
Munde said this section had become perilous, as this was the fourth mishap in the recent past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi