Derailment in Beed district of Maharashtra
Hyderabad: Rail traffic on Latur Road-Parli Vaijnath section of Secunderabad Division of South Central Railway (SCR) was affected this morning after a passenger train derailed between Ghatnandur and Parli Vaijnath stations in the Beed district of Maharashtra.
Five coaches and the engine of Miraj-Parli Vaijnath Passenger Train (51426) went off the tracks at about 0810 hours today, SCR said in a release here.
There were no casualties, according to SCR.
Accident Relief Trains from Purna and Secunderabad, and a Medical Relief Van from Purna were rushed; Divisional Railway Manager, Secunderabad Division and other senior officials also left for the site.
Parli Vaijnath-Miraj passenger (51425), Aurangabad- Hyderabad passenger (57550) and Hyderabad-Aurangabad passenger (57549 were cancelled.
Meanwhile, senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde, who represents Beed in Lok Sabha, demanded that tracks between Ghatnandur and Parali be replaced, following today`s mishap.
Munde said this section had become perilous, as this was the fourth mishap in the recent past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA