Deshmukh had a jovial personality: Thackeray
Mumbai: Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray condoled the death of Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh here this evening, describing him as a "jovial" person.
"It is hard to believe (that Deshmukh is no more)...A joivial man has left us. He was not that old," Thackeray said in a statement.
Deshmukh left his own imprint on the politics, the Sena patriarch said.
Thackeray also recalled Deshmukh`s cheerful personality, especially his repartee, and his verbal duels with BJP leader Gopinath Munde, and also his famed friendship with cabinet colleague Sushilkumar Shinde.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured