Deshmukh had a jovial personality: Thackeray
Mumbai: Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray condoled the death of Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh here this evening, describing him as a "jovial" person.
"It is hard to believe (that Deshmukh is no more)...A joivial man has left us. He was not that old," Thackeray said in a statement.
Deshmukh left his own imprint on the politics, the Sena patriarch said.
Thackeray also recalled Deshmukh`s cheerful personality, especially his repartee, and his verbal duels with BJP leader Gopinath Munde, and also his famed friendship with cabinet colleague Sushilkumar Shinde.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice