Deshmukh had a jovial personality: Thackeray
Mumbai: Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray condoled the death of Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh here this evening, describing him as a "jovial" person.
"It is hard to believe (that Deshmukh is no more)...A joivial man has left us. He was not that old," Thackeray said in a statement.
Deshmukh left his own imprint on the politics, the Sena patriarch said.
Thackeray also recalled Deshmukh`s cheerful personality, especially his repartee, and his verbal duels with BJP leader Gopinath Munde, and also his famed friendship with cabinet colleague Sushilkumar Shinde.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened