Deshmukh played important role in Maha: Anna
New Delhi: Anna Hazare has described the late Vilasrao Deshmukh as a "good administrator" whose role in Maharashtra was "very important".
"Vilasrao Deshmukh was a good administrator, his role in RTI Act, Gramsabha Act, Office Delay Act in Maharashtra was very important," Hazare was quoted as saying by his close aide Suresh Pathare on Twitter.
The Union minister died in Chennai on Tuesday after suffering from a liver ailment.
It was Deshmukh who had mediated between Hazare and the government in August last year when the activist was on an indefinite fast on Lokpal Bill.
However, his team had put Deshmukh in a list of 15 Union ministers, including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, and demanded that a special team of retired judges probe allegations of corruption against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi