Deshmukh played important role in Maha: Anna
New Delhi: Anna Hazare has described the late Vilasrao Deshmukh as a "good administrator" whose role in Maharashtra was "very important".
"Vilasrao Deshmukh was a good administrator, his role in RTI Act, Gramsabha Act, Office Delay Act in Maharashtra was very important," Hazare was quoted as saying by his close aide Suresh Pathare on Twitter.
The Union minister died in Chennai on Tuesday after suffering from a liver ailment.
It was Deshmukh who had mediated between Hazare and the government in August last year when the activist was on an indefinite fast on Lokpal Bill.
However, his team had put Deshmukh in a list of 15 Union ministers, including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, and demanded that a special team of retired judges probe allegations of corruption against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot