Deshmukh, Shinde being probed for Adarsh scam: CBI
Mumbai: The CBI Tuesday told the Bombay High Court here that it is investigating allegations against former Maharashtra chief ministers Vilasrao Deshmukh and Sushilkumar Shinde in the multi-crore Adarsh Housing Society scam.
In an affidavit, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) said that it is thoroughly investigating the role of Deshmukh and Shinde based on the report of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG).
Pravin Wategaonkar, a Thane-based social activist, had in April filed a petition in the Bombay High Court quoting the CAG report and alleging that Deshmukh owns two proxy flats in the scam-tainted Adarsh Housing Society in south Mumbai.
In response, Ravindra Singh, CBI Superintendent of Police, Tuesday filed the affidavit that stated that the said allegations are being investigated.
The allegations made by the petitioner against Deshmukh, Shinde, Sunil Tatkare (a Maharashtra cabinet minister) and others are being thoroughly investigated by the CBI, the affidavit said.
The CBI had recorded statements of Deshmukh and Shinde in New Delhi last year during which both had denied any role in the multi-crore housing scam.
The high court had in the last hearing posted the matter to June 18 after the CBI said it would file charge sheet in the case by June 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'