Deshmukh, Shinde being probed for Adarsh scam: CBI
Mumbai: The CBI Tuesday told the Bombay High Court here that it is investigating allegations against former Maharashtra chief ministers Vilasrao Deshmukh and Sushilkumar Shinde in the multi-crore Adarsh Housing Society scam.
In an affidavit, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) said that it is thoroughly investigating the role of Deshmukh and Shinde based on the report of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG).
Pravin Wategaonkar, a Thane-based social activist, had in April filed a petition in the Bombay High Court quoting the CAG report and alleging that Deshmukh owns two proxy flats in the scam-tainted Adarsh Housing Society in south Mumbai.
In response, Ravindra Singh, CBI Superintendent of Police, Tuesday filed the affidavit that stated that the said allegations are being investigated.
The allegations made by the petitioner against Deshmukh, Shinde, Sunil Tatkare (a Maharashtra cabinet minister) and others are being thoroughly investigated by the CBI, the affidavit said.
The CBI had recorded statements of Deshmukh and Shinde in New Delhi last year during which both had denied any role in the multi-crore housing scam.
The high court had in the last hearing posted the matter to June 18 after the CBI said it would file charge sheet in the case by June 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi