Deshmukh to organise convention of Congress leaders
Nagpur: Former Maharashtra Congress chief Ranjeet Deshmukh plans to organise a convention of all ex- office-bearers of the MPCC and functionaries of District and City Congress committees later this month to make their election-ready.
"Plans are afoot to mobilise all office-bearers and senior party workers across the State later this month to strengthen the party and give it a new direction," he said on Friday evening.
The former Maharashtra Minister said the convention will be a morale booster for the Congress workers who have been sidelined for some reasons or are not motivated enough to take active part in party works.
The two-time President of MPCC said the meet will help the party leaders gear up for the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls and also Assembly election in Maharashtra next year.
Deshmukh disapproved of Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar`s criticism of the style of functioning of Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan.
Pawar`s comments do not behove and befit a leader of his stature, the Congress leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- UK markets plunge, sterling eyes biggest ever fall, as EU vote in balance
- India focusing on market dislocations from Brexit: Jayant Sinha
- Factbox: Five questions for Britain and Europe after Brexit vote
- China remains unmoved, says NSG will not discuss India's bid
- University of Mumbai to declare TYBCom Results 2016 today; check mu.ac.in