Deshmukh to organise convention of Congress leaders
Nagpur: Former Maharashtra Congress chief Ranjeet Deshmukh plans to organise a convention of all ex- office-bearers of the MPCC and functionaries of District and City Congress committees later this month to make their election-ready.
"Plans are afoot to mobilise all office-bearers and senior party workers across the State later this month to strengthen the party and give it a new direction," he said on Friday evening.
The former Maharashtra Minister said the convention will be a morale booster for the Congress workers who have been sidelined for some reasons or are not motivated enough to take active part in party works.
The two-time President of MPCC said the meet will help the party leaders gear up for the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls and also Assembly election in Maharashtra next year.
Deshmukh disapproved of Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar`s criticism of the style of functioning of Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan.
Pawar`s comments do not behove and befit a leader of his stature, the Congress leader said.
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style
- Section 144 imposed in Jind as Jat leaders start 'jail bharo' movement
- PM Narendra Modi salutes 'Shramiks' hard work, determination on Labour Day
- Breathtaking! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' teaser 2 introduces Anushka Sharma as 'Aarfa' – Watch
- Centre declines to share info on bringing back Kohinoor