Deshmukh to organise convention of Congress leaders
Nagpur: Former Maharashtra Congress chief Ranjeet Deshmukh plans to organise a convention of all ex- office-bearers of the MPCC and functionaries of District and City Congress committees later this month to make their election-ready.
"Plans are afoot to mobilise all office-bearers and senior party workers across the State later this month to strengthen the party and give it a new direction," he said on Friday evening.
The former Maharashtra Minister said the convention will be a morale booster for the Congress workers who have been sidelined for some reasons or are not motivated enough to take active part in party works.
The two-time President of MPCC said the meet will help the party leaders gear up for the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls and also Assembly election in Maharashtra next year.
Deshmukh disapproved of Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar`s criticism of the style of functioning of Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan.
Pawar`s comments do not behove and befit a leader of his stature, the Congress leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof