Deshmukh violated poll code: BJYM
Mumbai: Besides castigation by the apex court
for showing favouritism in land allotment to a filmmaker and reported indictment by CAG for irregularities in land allotment to a trust owned by him, Union Science and
Technology Minister, Vilasrao Deshmukh now finds himself facing another charge - that of violating model poll code.
BJP`s youth wing, the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha, has
lodged a complaint with district authorities in Latur that
Deshmukh violated the model code of conduct for the municipal
corporation elections by using the premises of a temple for
A BJYM delegation led by its state unit executive member
Babu Khandade met Latur collector Dr Vipin Sharma, seeking
action against Deshmukh for breaching the poll code.
"As per Election Commission norms, a religious place
cannot be used for election work but that is what Deshmukh did
on April 2 when he launched the Congress campaign for the
civic elections at the Siddheshwar temple premises," Khandade said.
The Latur municipal corporation election is scheduled
on April 15.
"We had no objection to Deshmukh breaking the coconut
at the temple but he also addressed an election rally in the
premises," Khandade said.
The BJYM team also apprised the collector, who is also
the returning officer, of print and TV media coverage of the
poll campaign launch.
"In footage shown by a Marathi TV channel, Deshmukh is
clearly seen making a political speech at a pandal erected in
the temple premises," Khandade said.
Latur Congress leader Samad Patel had issued press
releases and published advertisements in newspapers, asking
Congress candidates to attend the "launch of the poll
campaign", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now