Deshmukh`s son, Shinde`s daughter in Cong Maharashtra list
New Delhi: Union Ministers Vilasrao Deshmukh and Sushil Kumar Shinde`s son and daughter respectively figure in the third list of Congress candidates for the Maharashtra Assembly polls announced by the AICC.
While Deshmukh`s son Amit would contest from Latur city constituency, Shinde`s daughter Praniti will fight for Solapur city central. The third list was announced last night.
The others who figure in the list include Anil Bawankar (Tumsar), Pankaj Guddewar (Brahmapuri), Chandrabhan Parkhe (Aurangabad West- SC), Jimmy Gonsalves (Vasai), Bhausaheb Bhoir (Chichwad) and Vaijanath Shinde (Latur rural).
Rajendra Shekhawat, son of President Pratibha Patil has already been nominated from Amravati constituency. The party has so far announced 163 candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon