Devotees beaten up by travel agents in Shirdi
Shirdi: Local travel agents allegedly beat up devotees including women and children in a residential room of the Shri Saibaba trust here over a petty dispute, police has said.
The incident took place last night when some travel agents tried to harass the devotees who had come from Vijaywada.
The agents allegedly got into the room where devotees were staying inside the Saibaba temple trust permises and beat up 15 people including four women and eight children and injured them, police said.
Later, one of the victims lodged a police complaint.
The injured were treated at Sri Saibaba Sansthan hospital. Search for the culprits was on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy