Devotees beaten up by travel agents in Shirdi
Shirdi: Local travel agents allegedly beat up devotees including women and children in a residential room of the Shri Saibaba trust here over a petty dispute, police has said.
The incident took place last night when some travel agents tried to harass the devotees who had come from Vijaywada.
The agents allegedly got into the room where devotees were staying inside the Saibaba temple trust permises and beat up 15 people including four women and eight children and injured them, police said.
Later, one of the victims lodged a police complaint.
The injured were treated at Sri Saibaba Sansthan hospital. Search for the culprits was on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez