Devotees take bath on railway track; trains suffer delay
Salem: Seven trains bound for Chennai were delayed by one to three hours after some Ayyappa devotees on board two trains took bath on the railway track at Erode, Railway sources said here Wednesday.
The two special trains, carrying about 5000 devotees had stopped at the Erode station, a major point where water supply to the rakes are replenished, last night.
Sources said the track was cleared afterpolice intervened, chasing away the devotees.
Rail traffic was resumed after 2130 hrs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site