Devotees take bath on railway track; trains suffer delay
Salem: Seven trains bound for Chennai were delayed by one to three hours after some Ayyappa devotees on board two trains took bath on the railway track at Erode, Railway sources said here Wednesday.
The two special trains, carrying about 5000 devotees had stopped at the Erode station, a major point where water supply to the rakes are replenished, last night.
Sources said the track was cleared afterpolice intervened, chasing away the devotees.
Rail traffic was resumed after 2130 hrs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad