Devotees take bath on railway track; trains suffer delay
Salem: Seven trains bound for Chennai were delayed by one to three hours after some Ayyappa devotees on board two trains took bath on the railway track at Erode, Railway sources said here Wednesday.
The two special trains, carrying about 5000 devotees had stopped at the Erode station, a major point where water supply to the rakes are replenished, last night.
Sources said the track was cleared afterpolice intervened, chasing away the devotees.
Rail traffic was resumed after 2130 hrs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah