Dey murder: Charge sheet against Vora likely
Mumbai: Mumbai police are likely to file a charge sheet against woman journalist Jigna Vora Tuesday in the murder of senior scribe J Dey who was shot dead in June last year, an official said here.
"We are likely to file a supplementary charge sheet against Vora tomorrow (Tuesday). We have gathered enough evidence against her to make a case," Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime Branch) Devendra Bharti said to a news agency.
Vora, working as a deputy bureau chief with a Mumbai daily, was arrested Nov 25 last year in connection with the June 11 killing of Dey, the editor (Special Investigations) at Mid-Day.
Mumbai police had, in December last year, filed a charge sheet against 12 accused in the case. However, the name of Vora, who was arrested in November, was not included.
The charge sheet filed in the special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court runs into 3,055 pages and has described in detail the role of 10 men involved in Dey`s murder.
Fugutive don Chhota Rajan has also been named in the charge sheet. However, police mention that Rajan and another accused, Nayan Singh, are still untraced and ion the run.
Though Bharti did not give further details on the evidence against Vora, sources in the crime branch said that police have enough reasons to support their theory that it was Vora`s professional rivalry with Dey that claimed his life.
According to sources, the crime branch is also likely to mention the motive behind Dey`s murder in the charge sheet.
According to police, Vora had allegedly provided Dey`s mobile number and his exact location to Rajan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’