Dey murder: Journalist Vora`s residence searched
Mumbai: City police probing the killing of
veteran reporter J Dey on Saturday searched the residence of
journalist Jigna Vora who was arrested in the case yesterday
and seized her laptop.
A team of investigators searched the residence of Vora in
suburban Ghatkopar and her laptop was seized, said a crime
Joint Police Commissioner (Crime) Himanshu Roy confirmed
that Vora`s laptop was confiscated but refused to divulge
Jigna Vora (37), Deputy Bureau Chief of The Asian Age,
was arrested yesterday under the stringent Maharashtra control
of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) for her alleged role in the
killing of Dey.
"We are gathering more evidences to strengthen our case.
As part of this step, her laptop has been seized. Our men will
also check her office computer soon and check all the stories
the journalist had filed in the recent past," said another
Dey was shot dead in suburban Powai on June 11 by
assailants who followed him on motorcycles. The murder was
allegedly executed at the behest of underworld don Chhota
Rajan, according to police.
Investigators alleged that the lady journalist had
knowledge of malicious intentions of Rajan when she provided
him information about Dey.
They suspect that professional rivalry could be one of
the reasons that led Vora to provide Rajan information about
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof