Dey murder: Man claims Vora gave him mobiles
Mumbai: A day after Mumbai crime branch
sought further custody of journalist Jigna Vora on the ground
that it wanted to find out purchaser of the mobile phone that
she had sold off, a man approached the court on Friday saying that
he wanted to surrender SIM-cards and mobile phones that she
Murtuza, the applicant, says he wanted to surrender four
SIM-cards and four mobile phones, allegedly given by Vora, an
accused in the journalist J Dey murder case.
"These mobile phones and cards, according to the
application, were given by Jigna," said special public
prosecutor Dilip Shah.
Shah also said that Murtuza has expressed apprehension
that he fears arrest in the case.
The court is likely to pass order on the applicationon Saturday, when the charge sheet would be filed against the ten other accused.
The special MCOCA court had on Thursday rejected the police
plea to conduct narco-analysis test on Vora, arrested last
week in connection with the murder of senior crime reporter J
The court however extended her police custody till
Vora, the eleventh accused in the case, is suspected to
have provided vital information about Dey to Chhota Rajan gang
Dey, a journalist with Mid-Day, was shot dead in suburban
Powai on June 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song