DFO nabbed for accepting bribe of Rs 20,000
Nashik: Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) sleuths caught a divisional forest officer red-handed while he was accepting a bribe of Rs 20,000 from a person.
Acting on a complaint lodged by one - Shaikh Ayyajuddin - the ACB laid a trap and arrested DFO Hemant Chhajed when he was accepting the money for sanctioning a saw mill in the name of Shaikh, last evening.
Shaikh had asked Chhajed to transfer a saw mill in his name, for which the latter asked for a bribe of Rs 70,000. Shaikh lodged a complaint with ACB regarding the matter.
While he had already paid Rs 50,000 to Chhajed earlier, the ACB managed to nab the DFO yesterday when he received the second instalment of Rs 20,000 at his house.
The accused has been sent to police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal