DFO nabbed for accepting bribe of Rs 20,000
Nashik: Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) sleuths caught a divisional forest officer red-handed while he was accepting a bribe of Rs 20,000 from a person.
Acting on a complaint lodged by one - Shaikh Ayyajuddin - the ACB laid a trap and arrested DFO Hemant Chhajed when he was accepting the money for sanctioning a saw mill in the name of Shaikh, last evening.
Shaikh had asked Chhajed to transfer a saw mill in his name, for which the latter asked for a bribe of Rs 70,000. Shaikh lodged a complaint with ACB regarding the matter.
While he had already paid Rs 50,000 to Chhajed earlier, the ACB managed to nab the DFO yesterday when he received the second instalment of Rs 20,000 at his house.
The accused has been sent to police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy