DGCA to probe in Jet fire incident in month`s time
Mumbai: Aviation regulator DGCA is expected to complete in a month`s time its detailed investigation in the Jet Airways plane fire incident at the international airport here, DGCA sources said on Tuesday.
"We have started investigation into the Jet Airways` plane fire incident. The probe is likely to be completed in a month time," the sources said.
The preliminary information about the incident has already been collected and the investigation team would now analyse it to ascertain the causes of fire and fix responsibility, they said.
About 159 passengers on board the Jet flight from Riyadh had a close shave on Monday when fire broke out in the left engine of the Boeing 737-800 aircraft during taxiing after landing at the Mumbai International Airport.
The airline in a statement had said "while taxiing, the flight crew was alerted by the ATC of the slight presence of smoke in one of the engines."
The plane was moving towards the parking bay when an airport official, who was travelling in a "follow-me" jeep, spotted smoke emanating from the left engine of the aircraft.
On spotting the fire, the official informed the air traffic control (ATC) which immediately brought it to the pilot`s notice, airport sources had said.
Early this year, DGCA had pulled up all the domestic carriers on the issue of neglecting safety due to financial constraints and made it clear that no airline would be allowed to take a "short-cut" on the safety front.
The regulator had also directed the airlines to sort out all safety issues in a time-bound manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?