Dhananjay Munde likely to face disciplinary action
Mumbai: MLC Dhananjay Munde, nephew of
senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde, is likely to face
disciplinary action for violating the party whip at the
recently concluded municipal council poll in Marathwada
"Disciplinary Committee of the party is inquiring into
the matter. The report will come to me within 8 days. If he
(Dhananjay Munde) is found guilty, action will be taken
against him", Maharashtra unit BJP president Sudhir
Mungantiwar said on the sidelines of the party executive
Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde was humbled on his
home turf in Beed district when the nominee fielded by his
nephew trounced the candidate fielded by the former deputy
Deepak Deshmukh, backed by Dhananjay, won the election
held last month to the chairmanship of Parli municipal council
in Marathwada region.
While Deshmukh polled 26 votes, Jugal Kishore Lohia, a
Gopinath Munde loyalist and BJP`s official nominee, polled
Maharashtra BJP had issued a whip to all party
councillors to vote for Lohia.
The 32-member Parli municipal council has 17 BJP
members, while the Congress-NCP`s combined tally is 14, and
one member is independent.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim describes West Bengal's Garden Reach as 'mini-pakistan', draws flak
- Top five health benefits of raspberries!
- Rs 100 crore mark still too far for Shah Rukh Khan's 'Fan'?
- Forest fires rage in Uttarakhand; three NDRF teams deployed
- Raids at Andhra Pradesh transport official's premises reveal assets worth Rs 800 crores