Dhananjay Munde likely to face disciplinary action
Mumbai: MLC Dhananjay Munde, nephew of
senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde, is likely to face
disciplinary action for violating the party whip at the
recently concluded municipal council poll in Marathwada
"Disciplinary Committee of the party is inquiring into
the matter. The report will come to me within 8 days. If he
(Dhananjay Munde) is found guilty, action will be taken
against him", Maharashtra unit BJP president Sudhir
Mungantiwar said on the sidelines of the party executive
Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde was humbled on his
home turf in Beed district when the nominee fielded by his
nephew trounced the candidate fielded by the former deputy
Deepak Deshmukh, backed by Dhananjay, won the election
held last month to the chairmanship of Parli municipal council
in Marathwada region.
While Deshmukh polled 26 votes, Jugal Kishore Lohia, a
Gopinath Munde loyalist and BJP`s official nominee, polled
Maharashtra BJP had issued a whip to all party
councillors to vote for Lohia.
The 32-member Parli municipal council has 17 BJP
members, while the Congress-NCP`s combined tally is 14, and
one member is independent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Congress leader Sheila Dikshit to head panel for Indira Gandhi Birth Centenary Celebrations
- IIFA diaries: Athiya Shetty basking under Spanish sun!
- Vodafone to file prospectus for IPO in August, plans to raise $2.5 billion: Sources
- Shooting World Cup: Gagan Narang, Abhinav Bindra Disappoint in Finals
- Hailstorms, rain, tornado kill 51 persons in eastern China, dozens injured