Dhoble raids another Mumbai massage parlour
Mumbai: The Mumbai Police on Monday night arrested the owner of a massage parlour from suburban Powai for allegedly operating a flesh trade racket and rescued seven girls.
On a tip-off, a team of Social Service branch, led by Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Vasant Dhoble, raided the parlour `Shy Lee` and arrested its owner Manohar Singh Thakur.
Dhoble said preliminary investigations hinted that the girls were forced into prostitution by Thakur.
The ACP said at least ten press cards in Thakur`s name were found during the raid.
According to police, Thakur claimed that he has been working for various media organisations.
Meanwhile, the ACP said the age of the rescued girls could be ascertained after medical investigations.
All the women are sent to remand homes, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble