Dhoble raids another Mumbai massage parlour
Mumbai: The Mumbai Police on Monday night arrested the owner of a massage parlour from suburban Powai for allegedly operating a flesh trade racket and rescued seven girls.
On a tip-off, a team of Social Service branch, led by Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Vasant Dhoble, raided the parlour `Shy Lee` and arrested its owner Manohar Singh Thakur.
Dhoble said preliminary investigations hinted that the girls were forced into prostitution by Thakur.
The ACP said at least ten press cards in Thakur`s name were found during the raid.
According to police, Thakur claimed that he has been working for various media organisations.
Meanwhile, the ACP said the age of the rescued girls could be ascertained after medical investigations.
All the women are sent to remand homes, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army kills 35 terrorists in surgical strikes across LoC
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’