Dhoble raids another Mumbai massage parlour
Mumbai: The Mumbai Police on Monday night arrested the owner of a massage parlour from suburban Powai for allegedly operating a flesh trade racket and rescued seven girls.
On a tip-off, a team of Social Service branch, led by Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Vasant Dhoble, raided the parlour `Shy Lee` and arrested its owner Manohar Singh Thakur.
Dhoble said preliminary investigations hinted that the girls were forced into prostitution by Thakur.
The ACP said at least ten press cards in Thakur`s name were found during the raid.
According to police, Thakur claimed that he has been working for various media organisations.
Meanwhile, the ACP said the age of the rescued girls could be ascertained after medical investigations.
All the women are sent to remand homes, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG