Dhoble raids another Mumbai massage parlour
Mumbai: The Mumbai Police on Monday night arrested the owner of a massage parlour from suburban Powai for allegedly operating a flesh trade racket and rescued seven girls.
On a tip-off, a team of Social Service branch, led by Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Vasant Dhoble, raided the parlour `Shy Lee` and arrested its owner Manohar Singh Thakur.
Dhoble said preliminary investigations hinted that the girls were forced into prostitution by Thakur.
The ACP said at least ten press cards in Thakur`s name were found during the raid.
According to police, Thakur claimed that he has been working for various media organisations.
Meanwhile, the ACP said the age of the rescued girls could be ascertained after medical investigations.
All the women are sent to remand homes, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter