Dhule cop attacked by corporator`s sons
Dhule: Ten days after a policeman was beaten up by several Maharashtra legislators in the state assembly complex, another policeman was attacked by the sons of a former corporator in Dhule, police said in Dhule on Wednesday.
The victim, Assistant Police Inspector Dhananjay Patil, responded to a call about a fight between two groups during Holi celebrations Tuesday night.
"He (Patil) went there in response to the call and tried to control the situation. The culprits - Devendra and Bhushan - are sons of former Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) corporator Chandrakant Sonar. One of them attacked Patil from behind with a sword," an official from Dhule`s Azad Nagar Police Station told IANS.
Patil is attached with the Azad Nagar Police Station. Patil was injured in the sword attack and was admitted to hospital. "Patil is in the ICU. His condition is stable," the official added.
The two brothers have been charged with attempt to murder. Both are absconding. Dhule is 325 km from Mumbai.
This is the second attack on a policeman in the state within 10 days. Assistant Police Inspector with Mumbai Police Sachin Suryawanshi was attacked by several legislators in the Maharashtra Vidhan Bhavan premises March 19.
Five legislators were suspended and two surrendered, following which they were released on bail Monday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists