Did police thrash tribals in Maharashtra’s Gadchiroli?
Gadchiroli: The Communist Party of India (CPI) and Bharip Bahujan Mahasangha have demanded a stern action against cops for allegedly thrashing tribals in Tadaguda village in Etapalli taluka of the district.
The leaders said in a statement yesterday that a police party comprising around 150 jawans beat up the tribals, including women and children, with sticks while seeking information on Naxals on October 8.
A complaint in this regard was lodged at Etapalli police station by tribals.
When contacted, police denied the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi