Did police thrash tribals in Maharashtra’s Gadchiroli?
Gadchiroli: The Communist Party of India (CPI) and Bharip Bahujan Mahasangha have demanded a stern action against cops for allegedly thrashing tribals in Tadaguda village in Etapalli taluka of the district.
The leaders said in a statement yesterday that a police party comprising around 150 jawans beat up the tribals, including women and children, with sticks while seeking information on Naxals on October 8.
A complaint in this regard was lodged at Etapalli police station by tribals.
When contacted, police denied the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!