Didn`t recommend anyone`s name for Adarsh Society: Gadkari
Nagpur: BJP national president Nitin Gadkari on sunday refuted media reports stating that he had allegedly recommended allotment of a flat in the controversial Adarsh
Co-operative Housing Society to benefit party`s national executive member Ajay Sancheti.
"Neither I nor any of my relatives have flats in Adarsh Society and I have not recommended anyone`s name for allotment of flat in the said society in Mumbai," Gadkari told a news agency here.
"My name has been unnecessarily dragged in the scam which is completely untrue and misleading," he said reacting to media reports suggesting allotment of a flat to Sancheti`s
driver on the BJP chief`s recommendation.
Gadkari`s denial came in the wake of media reports claiming that the name of Sancheti`s driver Sudhakar Madke figured in the ownership of a flat in the Adarsh Housing Society.
According to the reports, Madke, whose monthly wages are a meagre Rs 8,500, was a proxy for Sancheti for the flat, whose market value is currently Rs five crore.
Sanchetis are associated with an infrastructure company in Nagpur.
One member of the Sancheti family, Paramveer who is the son of Abhay Sancheti (cousin of Ajay`s father) had applied for a flat in the Adarsh Society in 2007 but his name was
rejected by the then district collector I Kundan, since the family`s source of income was higher than the stipulated limit of Rs 12,500, reports claimed.
However, he later managed to get membership in the society, the reports claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!