Didn`t recommend anyone`s name for Adarsh Society: Gadkari
Nagpur: BJP national president Nitin Gadkari on sunday refuted media reports stating that he had allegedly recommended allotment of a flat in the controversial Adarsh
Co-operative Housing Society to benefit party`s national executive member Ajay Sancheti.
"Neither I nor any of my relatives have flats in Adarsh Society and I have not recommended anyone`s name for allotment of flat in the said society in Mumbai," Gadkari told a news agency here.
"My name has been unnecessarily dragged in the scam which is completely untrue and misleading," he said reacting to media reports suggesting allotment of a flat to Sancheti`s
driver on the BJP chief`s recommendation.
Gadkari`s denial came in the wake of media reports claiming that the name of Sancheti`s driver Sudhakar Madke figured in the ownership of a flat in the Adarsh Housing Society.
According to the reports, Madke, whose monthly wages are a meagre Rs 8,500, was a proxy for Sancheti for the flat, whose market value is currently Rs five crore.
Sanchetis are associated with an infrastructure company in Nagpur.
One member of the Sancheti family, Paramveer who is the son of Abhay Sancheti (cousin of Ajay`s father) had applied for a flat in the Adarsh Society in 2007 but his name was
rejected by the then district collector I Kundan, since the family`s source of income was higher than the stipulated limit of Rs 12,500, reports claimed.
However, he later managed to get membership in the society, the reports claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Didn't have any confidence before 'Kick': Jacqueline Fernandez
- Oil Tankers Association calls off strike in Jammu ?
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth
- 'Mohenjo Daro' collections: Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde's period drama rakes in Rs 55 cr so far!
- Japan protests to Russia over man detained on disputed island