Didn`t recommend anyone`s name for Adarsh Society: Gadkari
Nagpur: BJP national president Nitin Gadkari on sunday refuted media reports stating that he had allegedly recommended allotment of a flat in the controversial Adarsh
Co-operative Housing Society to benefit party`s national executive member Ajay Sancheti.
"Neither I nor any of my relatives have flats in Adarsh Society and I have not recommended anyone`s name for allotment of flat in the said society in Mumbai," Gadkari told a news agency here.
"My name has been unnecessarily dragged in the scam which is completely untrue and misleading," he said reacting to media reports suggesting allotment of a flat to Sancheti`s
driver on the BJP chief`s recommendation.
Gadkari`s denial came in the wake of media reports claiming that the name of Sancheti`s driver Sudhakar Madke figured in the ownership of a flat in the Adarsh Housing Society.
According to the reports, Madke, whose monthly wages are a meagre Rs 8,500, was a proxy for Sancheti for the flat, whose market value is currently Rs five crore.
Sanchetis are associated with an infrastructure company in Nagpur.
One member of the Sancheti family, Paramveer who is the son of Abhay Sancheti (cousin of Ajay`s father) had applied for a flat in the Adarsh Society in 2007 but his name was
rejected by the then district collector I Kundan, since the family`s source of income was higher than the stipulated limit of Rs 12,500, reports claimed.
However, he later managed to get membership in the society, the reports claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi