Digvijay Singh tweets Bal Thackeray dead, then retracts
New Delhi: In a major goof-up, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday tweeted about ailing Bal Thackeray’s demise, which he later retracted and sought apologies from the family of the Shiv Sena supremo.
“Sorry to hear about Bala Saheb`s sad demise. Never accepted his Political Ideology but admired his Wit and Courage of Conviction,” Digvijay tweeted, alarming the twitteratis.
“My condolences to Udhav and Thakre Family,” he further tweeted, but retracted almost immediately, saying “My apologies to Thakre Family Pray for his speedy recovery”.
Meanwhile, Shiv Sena leader and MP Sanjay Raut has said that the condition of Bal Thackeray was stable now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi