Digvijay Singh tweets Bal Thackeray dead, then retracts
New Delhi: In a major goof-up, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday tweeted about ailing Bal Thackeray’s demise, which he later retracted and sought apologies from the family of the Shiv Sena supremo.
“Sorry to hear about Bala Saheb`s sad demise. Never accepted his Political Ideology but admired his Wit and Courage of Conviction,” Digvijay tweeted, alarming the twitteratis.
“My condolences to Udhav and Thakre Family,” he further tweeted, but retracted almost immediately, saying “My apologies to Thakre Family Pray for his speedy recovery”.
Meanwhile, Shiv Sena leader and MP Sanjay Raut has said that the condition of Bal Thackeray was stable now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal