Digvijay Singh tweets Bal Thackeray dead, then retracts
New Delhi: In a major goof-up, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday tweeted about ailing Bal Thackeray’s demise, which he later retracted and sought apologies from the family of the Shiv Sena supremo.
“Sorry to hear about Bala Saheb`s sad demise. Never accepted his Political Ideology but admired his Wit and Courage of Conviction,” Digvijay tweeted, alarming the twitteratis.
“My condolences to Udhav and Thakre Family,” he further tweeted, but retracted almost immediately, saying “My apologies to Thakre Family Pray for his speedy recovery”.
Meanwhile, Shiv Sena leader and MP Sanjay Raut has said that the condition of Bal Thackeray was stable now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes