Digvijay Singh tweets Bal Thackeray dead, then retracts
New Delhi: In a major goof-up, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday tweeted about ailing Bal Thackeray’s demise, which he later retracted and sought apologies from the family of the Shiv Sena supremo.
“Sorry to hear about Bala Saheb`s sad demise. Never accepted his Political Ideology but admired his Wit and Courage of Conviction,” Digvijay tweeted, alarming the twitteratis.
“My condolences to Udhav and Thakre Family,” he further tweeted, but retracted almost immediately, saying “My apologies to Thakre Family Pray for his speedy recovery”.
Meanwhile, Shiv Sena leader and MP Sanjay Raut has said that the condition of Bal Thackeray was stable now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation