Din in Maha Assembly forces House to be adjourned
Nagpur: The din in the Maharashtra Assembly on Wednesday following stalling of proceedings by Opposition members demanding an apology from Home Minister RR Patil over his "threatening" remarks led to the House being adjourned for the day without transacting any business.
The Opposition members disrupted the Question Hour, trooped in to the well of the House time and again, prompting the Chair to adjourn the House three times for 15 minutes and once for an hour.
Even Speaker Dilip Walse Patil`s assurance, to check and verify the records of Assembly whether Patil had "threatened" the Opposition and to expunge it if found, did not satisfy the Opposition benches.
When the proceedings began and the Chair called for the Question Hour, Opposition Leader Eknath Khadse immediately demanded an apology from Patil for his "threats" to the Opposition benches yesterday during the Point of Procedure over NCP leader Ajit Pawar holding the post of Deputy Chief Minister.
RR Patil had said that his party was ready to take on Opposition anywhere, whether it is in the House or on streets, irked the Opposition, who demanded an apology from him.
At one stage, Opposition Leader Eknath Khadse (BJP), said he feared the records might have been "tampered with," which irked the treasury benches who said this amounted to lack of faith in the Speaker.
Shishir Shinde (MNS) demanded an apology from Patil while the Speaker tried to clam him down.
Khadse said if the Speaker was willing to check the records, then why not adjourn the House till the exercise was complete, to which the Speaker did not agree.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check Jharkhand JAC 12th Intermediate Arts Results 2015 on jac.nic.in