Din in Maha Assembly over suspension of DCP Deshbrathar
Mumbai: Maharashtra Legislative Assembly
on Monday witnessed noisy scenes over the suspension of senior IPS
officer Ashok Deshbrathar, who had conducted a sting operation
on Hasan Ali Khan, accused of stashing huge amount of black
money in banks abroad.
Deputy Speaker Vasant Purke rushed to the supplementary
demands for urban development, revenue and forests amid noisy
scenes and adjourned the House for the day.
BJP MLA Devendra Phadanvis raised the issue through a
point of information when Leader of Opposition Eknath Khadse
was speaking on the supplementary demands of the urban
He accused the government of acting against the officer
because he had sought permission from the government to
intervene in the Supreme court on the Hasan Ali matter.
Phadanvis was joined by Shiv Sena, MNS and other BJP
members who came into the well shouting slogans against the
government for shielding Khan.
While interrogating Ali in a fake passport case when he
was arrested in 2008 in Mumbai, Deshbrathar had made a CD of
the investigations in which senior Congress and NCP leaders
were allegedly named as discussing the appointment of Mumbai
Police Commissioner with the Pune stud farm owner.
In the CD, Khan purportedly spoke about his proximity to
Congress and NCP leaders and claimed that the decision to
appoint Hassan Gafoor as Mumbai Police Commissioner was taken
during a meeting between him and certain leaders from the two
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested