Din in Maha Assembly over suspension of DCP Deshbrathar
Mumbai: Maharashtra Legislative Assembly
on Monday witnessed noisy scenes over the suspension of senior IPS
officer Ashok Deshbrathar, who had conducted a sting operation
on Hasan Ali Khan, accused of stashing huge amount of black
money in banks abroad.
Deputy Speaker Vasant Purke rushed to the supplementary
demands for urban development, revenue and forests amid noisy
scenes and adjourned the House for the day.
BJP MLA Devendra Phadanvis raised the issue through a
point of information when Leader of Opposition Eknath Khadse
was speaking on the supplementary demands of the urban
He accused the government of acting against the officer
because he had sought permission from the government to
intervene in the Supreme court on the Hasan Ali matter.
Phadanvis was joined by Shiv Sena, MNS and other BJP
members who came into the well shouting slogans against the
government for shielding Khan.
While interrogating Ali in a fake passport case when he
was arrested in 2008 in Mumbai, Deshbrathar had made a CD of
the investigations in which senior Congress and NCP leaders
were allegedly named as discussing the appointment of Mumbai
Police Commissioner with the Pune stud farm owner.
In the CD, Khan purportedly spoke about his proximity to
Congress and NCP leaders and claimed that the decision to
appoint Hassan Gafoor as Mumbai Police Commissioner was taken
during a meeting between him and certain leaders from the two
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport