Din in Maha Assembly over suspension of DCP Deshbrathar
Mumbai: Maharashtra Legislative Assembly
on Monday witnessed noisy scenes over the suspension of senior IPS
officer Ashok Deshbrathar, who had conducted a sting operation
on Hasan Ali Khan, accused of stashing huge amount of black
money in banks abroad.
Deputy Speaker Vasant Purke rushed to the supplementary
demands for urban development, revenue and forests amid noisy
scenes and adjourned the House for the day.
BJP MLA Devendra Phadanvis raised the issue through a
point of information when Leader of Opposition Eknath Khadse
was speaking on the supplementary demands of the urban
He accused the government of acting against the officer
because he had sought permission from the government to
intervene in the Supreme court on the Hasan Ali matter.
Phadanvis was joined by Shiv Sena, MNS and other BJP
members who came into the well shouting slogans against the
government for shielding Khan.
While interrogating Ali in a fake passport case when he
was arrested in 2008 in Mumbai, Deshbrathar had made a CD of
the investigations in which senior Congress and NCP leaders
were allegedly named as discussing the appointment of Mumbai
Police Commissioner with the Pune stud farm owner.
In the CD, Khan purportedly spoke about his proximity to
Congress and NCP leaders and claimed that the decision to
appoint Hassan Gafoor as Mumbai Police Commissioner was taken
during a meeting between him and certain leaders from the two
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch