Disabled girl raped by relative in Thane
Thane: A 17-year-old disabled girl was allegedly raped several times since last year by her distant relative, police said.
The victim yesterday filed a complaint against her paternal uncle Sajayi V Adal (22), working in a hotel, alleging that taking advantage of her disability, the accused raped her on many occasions, Assistant Police Inspector Laxman M Sariputra said.
The girl faces disability in walking properly and needs help for all activities.
The accused used to visit the girl`s house at Kuntavali in Ambernath township of Thane when her parents were away and allegedly raped her several times, police said.
The girl also mentioned in her complaint that once the accused took her to his village Bhimashankar near Pune where he sexually assaulted her.
A case has been registered against the accused under section 376 (rape) of the IPC, police said, adding that a man hunt has been launched to nab him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench
- Give education, equality to girl child, urges Amitabh Bachchan
- Will set up transit accommodations for Kashmiri Pandits till they feel safe to return: Mehbooba Mufti
- Youngsters at alcohol risk can be identified on social media