Disabled girl raped by relative in Thane
Thane: A 17-year-old disabled girl was allegedly raped several times since last year by her distant relative, police said.
The victim yesterday filed a complaint against her paternal uncle Sajayi V Adal (22), working in a hotel, alleging that taking advantage of her disability, the accused raped her on many occasions, Assistant Police Inspector Laxman M Sariputra said.
The girl faces disability in walking properly and needs help for all activities.
The accused used to visit the girl`s house at Kuntavali in Ambernath township of Thane when her parents were away and allegedly raped her several times, police said.
The girl also mentioned in her complaint that once the accused took her to his village Bhimashankar near Pune where he sexually assaulted her.
A case has been registered against the accused under section 376 (rape) of the IPC, police said, adding that a man hunt has been launched to nab him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy