Disaster averted, AI plane’s tail hits runway
Mumbai: A major disaster nearly occurred at the Mumbai international airport on Monday morning when the tail of an Air India aircraft hit the runway while landing at high speed.
The tail of the AI flight 614 from Ahmedabad to Mumbai even scraped the tarmac for nearly 10 feet.
The plane had as many as 121 passengers on board when the incident happened at 8.27 am. While no one was injured in the incident, the DGCA - the aviation regulator - has ordered an inquiry and both the pilots would not be allowed to fly till the probe results are out.
Sources said a miscalculation by the pilots led to the aircraft touching down at the wrong angle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!