Disaster averted, AI plane’s tail hits runway
Mumbai: A major disaster nearly occurred at the Mumbai international airport on Monday morning when the tail of an Air India aircraft hit the runway while landing at high speed.
The tail of the AI flight 614 from Ahmedabad to Mumbai even scraped the tarmac for nearly 10 feet.
The plane had as many as 121 passengers on board when the incident happened at 8.27 am. While no one was injured in the incident, the DGCA - the aviation regulator - has ordered an inquiry and both the pilots would not be allowed to fly till the probe results are out.
Sources said a miscalculation by the pilots led to the aircraft touching down at the wrong angle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened