Disaster averted, AI plane’s tail hits runway
Mumbai: A major disaster nearly occurred at the Mumbai international airport on Monday morning when the tail of an Air India aircraft hit the runway while landing at high speed.
The tail of the AI flight 614 from Ahmedabad to Mumbai even scraped the tarmac for nearly 10 feet.
The plane had as many as 121 passengers on board when the incident happened at 8.27 am. While no one was injured in the incident, the DGCA - the aviation regulator - has ordered an inquiry and both the pilots would not be allowed to fly till the probe results are out.
Sources said a miscalculation by the pilots led to the aircraft touching down at the wrong angle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing