Doctor killed in Mumbai hospital fire
Mumbai: An on-duty resident medical officer was killed in a fire that broke out in a private hospital here early Thursday, officials said.
The blaze engulfed Gokul Hospital in Mulund area of northeast Mumbai around 3.30 am.
At least 15 patients and hospital staff were evacuated. RMO Rahul (full name not yet available), who had joined the hospital recently, is believed to have suffocated to death, Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) Disaster Control Centre said.
The fire, the cause of which is not yet clear, was brought under control by noon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!