Doctor killed in Mumbai hospital fire
Mumbai: An on-duty resident medical officer was killed in a fire that broke out in a private hospital here early Thursday, officials said.
The blaze engulfed Gokul Hospital in Mulund area of northeast Mumbai around 3.30 am.
At least 15 patients and hospital staff were evacuated. RMO Rahul (full name not yet available), who had joined the hospital recently, is believed to have suffocated to death, Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) Disaster Control Centre said.
The fire, the cause of which is not yet clear, was brought under control by noon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what