Doctor killed in Mumbai hospital fire
Mumbai: An on-duty resident medical officer was killed in a fire that broke out in a private hospital here early Thursday, officials said.
The blaze engulfed Gokul Hospital in Mulund area of northeast Mumbai around 3.30 am.
At least 15 patients and hospital staff were evacuated. RMO Rahul (full name not yet available), who had joined the hospital recently, is believed to have suffocated to death, Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) Disaster Control Centre said.
The fire, the cause of which is not yet clear, was brought under control by noon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video