`Don`t care if law comes in way of Bal Thackeray`s memorial`
Nashik: Intensifying its demand for Bal Thackeray`s memorial at Shivaji Park in Mumbai, Shiv Sena Sunday said the party would not budge from its stand irrespective of legal implications.
"We don`t care if any law is coming in the way to raise Balasaheb`s memorial at Shivaji Park," said senior party leader and former Maharashtra chief minister Manohar Joshi.
He was speaking to reporters here after attending a condolence meeting at Kalidas auditorium here.
Joshi was the first leader to raise the demand for late Thackeray`s memorial at Shivaji Park ground where the Shiv Sena supremo used to address party rallies.
Joshi was referring to Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan`s statement that the state government would not do anything in violation of the law with regard to Shiv Sena`s demand to set up the memorial.
"Nothing will be done which will violate the law," Chavan had said, adding he has not received any proposal for a memorial for the late leader so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions