Don`t show mercy to Ajmal Kasab, Afzal Guru: Shiv Sena to President
Mumbai: The Shiv Sena on Thursday urged President Pranab Mukherjee not to show any leniency towards terrorists Afzal Guru and Ajmal Kasab, whose mercy pleas are pending with him, and take a decision on hanging them at the earliest.
A Shiv Sena delegation met the President during his visit here and submitted a memorandum of demands.
"First these terrorists carry out terror attacks. When courts award them death penalty, they submit mercy pleas to the President and insult the country," the memorandum said.
Afzal Guru masterminded the attack on Parliament in December 2001 and Kasab killed scores of people during the 26/11 Mumbai attacks. Both have been sentenced to death.
The Shiv Sena urged the President to reject their mercy pleas and ensure that the government orders their hanging without delay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what