Don`t show mercy to Ajmal Kasab, Afzal Guru: Shiv Sena to President
Mumbai: The Shiv Sena on Thursday urged President Pranab Mukherjee not to show any leniency towards terrorists Afzal Guru and Ajmal Kasab, whose mercy pleas are pending with him, and take a decision on hanging them at the earliest.
A Shiv Sena delegation met the President during his visit here and submitted a memorandum of demands.
"First these terrorists carry out terror attacks. When courts award them death penalty, they submit mercy pleas to the President and insult the country," the memorandum said.
Afzal Guru masterminded the attack on Parliament in December 2001 and Kasab killed scores of people during the 26/11 Mumbai attacks. Both have been sentenced to death.
The Shiv Sena urged the President to reject their mercy pleas and ensure that the government orders their hanging without delay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!