Don`t show mercy to Ajmal Kasab, Afzal Guru: Shiv Sena to President
Mumbai: The Shiv Sena on Thursday urged President Pranab Mukherjee not to show any leniency towards terrorists Afzal Guru and Ajmal Kasab, whose mercy pleas are pending with him, and take a decision on hanging them at the earliest.
A Shiv Sena delegation met the President during his visit here and submitted a memorandum of demands.
"First these terrorists carry out terror attacks. When courts award them death penalty, they submit mercy pleas to the President and insult the country," the memorandum said.
Afzal Guru masterminded the attack on Parliament in December 2001 and Kasab killed scores of people during the 26/11 Mumbai attacks. Both have been sentenced to death.
The Shiv Sena urged the President to reject their mercy pleas and ensure that the government orders their hanging without delay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi