Don`t vote for Cong: Vidarbha farmer in suicide note
Mumbai: The suicide of a farmer in Vidarbha`s Yavatmal district has put the Maharashtra Government in a spot, as in his suicide note, he asked people not to vote for Congress and NCP, the ruling alliance partners in the state, as they don`t "care" for farmers.
"Don`t vote for the Congress and NCP; they don`t care for farmers," 45-year-old Gajanan Ghotekar wrote in the suicide note before consuming pesticide last week at village Kothwada in the district.
Ghotekar killed himself as he could not repay a loan of over a lakh rupees. He had bought a tractor, but could not pay for it. He was also under stress over his daughter`s marriage.
"They (Congress-NCP) will ruin the country," the farmer wrote, according to an official.
Meanwhile, Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray, in an editorial in party mouthpiece `Saamana`, said a case of abetting suicide should be filed against the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?