Don`t vote for Cong: Vidarbha farmer in suicide note
Mumbai: The suicide of a farmer in Vidarbha`s Yavatmal district has put the Maharashtra Government in a spot, as in his suicide note, he asked people not to vote for Congress and NCP, the ruling alliance partners in the state, as they don`t "care" for farmers.
"Don`t vote for the Congress and NCP; they don`t care for farmers," 45-year-old Gajanan Ghotekar wrote in the suicide note before consuming pesticide last week at village Kothwada in the district.
Ghotekar killed himself as he could not repay a loan of over a lakh rupees. He had bought a tractor, but could not pay for it. He was also under stress over his daughter`s marriage.
"They (Congress-NCP) will ruin the country," the farmer wrote, according to an official.
Meanwhile, Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray, in an editorial in party mouthpiece `Saamana`, said a case of abetting suicide should be filed against the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls