Don`t vote for Cong: Vidarbha farmer in suicide note
Mumbai: The suicide of a farmer in Vidarbha`s Yavatmal district has put the Maharashtra Government in a spot, as in his suicide note, he asked people not to vote for Congress and NCP, the ruling alliance partners in the state, as they don`t "care" for farmers.
"Don`t vote for the Congress and NCP; they don`t care for farmers," 45-year-old Gajanan Ghotekar wrote in the suicide note before consuming pesticide last week at village Kothwada in the district.
Ghotekar killed himself as he could not repay a loan of over a lakh rupees. He had bought a tractor, but could not pay for it. He was also under stress over his daughter`s marriage.
"They (Congress-NCP) will ruin the country," the farmer wrote, according to an official.
Meanwhile, Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray, in an editorial in party mouthpiece `Saamana`, said a case of abetting suicide should be filed against the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Starving Iraqis risk all to flee Islamic State`s crumbling rule
- 'Like Modi, next US Prez should outline economic growth plan'
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella India visit: Talks of transformative role of apps and services to come
- MEA official meets deceased Congolese national's family
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1