Don`t vote for Cong: Vidarbha farmer in suicide note
Mumbai: The suicide of a farmer in Vidarbha`s Yavatmal district has put the Maharashtra Government in a spot, as in his suicide note, he asked people not to vote for Congress and NCP, the ruling alliance partners in the state, as they don`t "care" for farmers.
"Don`t vote for the Congress and NCP; they don`t care for farmers," 45-year-old Gajanan Ghotekar wrote in the suicide note before consuming pesticide last week at village Kothwada in the district.
Ghotekar killed himself as he could not repay a loan of over a lakh rupees. He had bought a tractor, but could not pay for it. He was also under stress over his daughter`s marriage.
"They (Congress-NCP) will ruin the country," the farmer wrote, according to an official.
Meanwhile, Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray, in an editorial in party mouthpiece `Saamana`, said a case of abetting suicide should be filed against the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok