close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Don`t worry about me: Anna to supporters

Speaking for the first time after ending his fast, hospitalised Anna Hazare asked his supporters not to worry about his health.



Pune: Speaking for the first time after
ending his fast abruptly in Mumbai last week, hospitalised
Anna Hazare on Sunday asked his supporters not to worry about his
health saying he will be alright in a few days.

Hazare, who has been admitted to a private hospital here
after suffering from a viral infection, said he was feeling
"much better" now.

74-year-old Hazare was admitted to the Sancheti hospital
last night and is being monitored by a team of doctors.

"People who thought I am very unwell, it is not like
that. I am much better now," he told reporters from his
hospital bed.

"In a few days, I will be alright. Don`t worry about me.
I request all my countrymen and volunteers not to worry. My
health is not that bad," he said.

This is the first public comments of Hazare after he
ended his fast in Mumbai abruptly on Wednesday following
failing health and poor public response.

After examining his health, the doctors said he should
remain in hospital for a week and have advised him not to fast
at least for the next one month.

The doctor also said Hazare needs "complete rest" now and
that his aides have been asked not to disturb him.

PTI

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions