Double lifer awarded for brutal murder of boy
Nagpur: District and Sessions Judge G J Akarte awarded a double lifer on Thursday to an offender accused of brutally murdering an eight-year-old body called Kush Kataria.
The eight-year-old boy who belonged to a business family here was kidnapped and brutally murdered by his neighbour.
During the trial, angry citizens could not control themselves and tried to assault the main accused, Ayush Pugalia.
The court acquitted his brother Navin and held that another brother Nitin had already undergone imprisonment.
Kush Kataria was kidnapped on October 11, 2011 and brutally murdered by prime accused Ayush Pugalia, allegedly to collect a ransom from his father Prashant Kataria, to spend it on his girlfriend and continue his lavish lifestyle.
Kush`s body was discovered fours day later on October 15.
Later, Ayush`s brothers Navin and Nitin were also arrested for helping him destroy evidence of his crime.
After a public uproar, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, Home Minister R R Patil, many senior ministers and political leaders met the Kataria family and advocate Ujwal Nikam was appointed as the special public prosecutor.
The trial proceeded smoothly and out of 35 prosecution witnesses, not a single one turned hostile.
Even servants of the Pugalia-owned shop, deposed against the son of their owner and stood by the prosecution.
Child witnesses Ridham and Shubham, Kush`s playmates, who were with him, when Ayush lured his victim promising him chocolate, deposed before the court without any fear.
Testimonies of 35 prosecution witnesses revealed the roles of prime accused Ayush and his brothers, as well as how Kush Kataria was brutally murdered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- India business confidence dips to 5 month low in May
- 'Sultan's sherni Anushka Sharma heads to Patiala for 'Phillauri' shoot! – View pic
- Good rains to damp agricultural inflation, support Aug 9 RBI rate cut: BofA
- French Open: Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis pair advance to second round
- Nextbit Robin launched in India at Rs 19,999; comes with 100GB cloud storage