Draft Lokpal Bill is weak: Patkar
Aurangabad: Terming the draft Lokpal Bill as
"weak", social activist Medha Patkar on Friday called for
concerted efforts to eradicate corruption from India.
Addressing a press conference here, Patkar said, "The
machinery is not sufficient to curb corruption and the Lokpal
draft made recently is weak. We don`t trust in the Lokpal
being made by the bureaucracy."
She further said that laws like Lokpal should be in
favour of the common man and all should be treated equal
before the law. "There should be people`s Parliament in the
nation," she said.
Replying to a question on the proposed Jaitapur nuclear
plant project, Patkar said she is against it.
She further said that before undertaking development
projects, consent of the local people should be the priority.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!