Draft Lokpal Bill is weak: Patkar
Aurangabad: Terming the draft Lokpal Bill as
"weak", social activist Medha Patkar on Friday called for
concerted efforts to eradicate corruption from India.
Addressing a press conference here, Patkar said, "The
machinery is not sufficient to curb corruption and the Lokpal
draft made recently is weak. We don`t trust in the Lokpal
being made by the bureaucracy."
She further said that laws like Lokpal should be in
favour of the common man and all should be treated equal
before the law. "There should be people`s Parliament in the
nation," she said.
Replying to a question on the proposed Jaitapur nuclear
plant project, Patkar said she is against it.
She further said that before undertaking development
projects, consent of the local people should be the priority.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video