Draft Lokpal Bill is weak: Patkar
Aurangabad: Terming the draft Lokpal Bill as
"weak", social activist Medha Patkar on Friday called for
concerted efforts to eradicate corruption from India.
Addressing a press conference here, Patkar said, "The
machinery is not sufficient to curb corruption and the Lokpal
draft made recently is weak. We don`t trust in the Lokpal
being made by the bureaucracy."
She further said that laws like Lokpal should be in
favour of the common man and all should be treated equal
before the law. "There should be people`s Parliament in the
nation," she said.
Replying to a question on the proposed Jaitapur nuclear
plant project, Patkar said she is against it.
She further said that before undertaking development
projects, consent of the local people should be the priority.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!