Draft Lokpal Bill is weak: Patkar
Aurangabad: Terming the draft Lokpal Bill as
"weak", social activist Medha Patkar on Friday called for
concerted efforts to eradicate corruption from India.
Addressing a press conference here, Patkar said, "The
machinery is not sufficient to curb corruption and the Lokpal
draft made recently is weak. We don`t trust in the Lokpal
being made by the bureaucracy."
She further said that laws like Lokpal should be in
favour of the common man and all should be treated equal
before the law. "There should be people`s Parliament in the
nation," she said.
Replying to a question on the proposed Jaitapur nuclear
plant project, Patkar said she is against it.
She further said that before undertaking development
projects, consent of the local people should be the priority.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?