Drought can`t be understood by helicopter survey: NCP to Sena
Mumbai: Accusing the opposition Shiv Sena and BJP of indulging in politics over the drought in Maharashtra, NCP on Thursday said the situation cannot be understood by "travelling in expensive cars and helicopters".
Ridiculing the recent separate visits by Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray and MNS chief Raj Thackeray to the drought-affected areas, NCP spokesman Nawab Malik today accused the two leaders of indulging in politics.
Drought was a serious matter, which needed a constructive debate on providing relief to the people, he said.
"Demanding a special session of the legislature for drought has become fashionable. Nothing will come out of it. Why did the opposition not press for discussion during the winter session. It was the government which initiated a debate then," he said.
"Gravity of the situation cannot be understood by travelling in expensive cars and helicopters," he said.
Malik also took a dig at Shiv Sena for not fielding a candidate in the recently-held Legislative Council elections, saying it showed that the party had weakened and "does not even trust its own MLAs".
"It had to withdraw its notice for no-confidence motion in the winter session. The recent by-election, where Congress`s Muzaffar Hussain was a candidate, went uncontested. Shiv Sena did not even put up a candidate against state Congress president Manikrao Thakre in the Council polls," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you