Drunk DJ rams motorcycle, police officer critically injured in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 22-year-old drunk youth rammed his motorcycle into an assistant police inspector (API) early this morning while trying to avoid naka-bandi, police said.
API Balaji Dahifude sustained serious injury to the head and other parts and is in a critical condition at the ICU of Cooper hospital, they said.
The incident occurred around 2.50 AM when Dahifude was manning the roadblock alongwith his colleagues at Seven Bungalow on JP road.
The biker, Shahid Mahmood Dongerkar, a Disc Jockey (DJ), and a resident of Versova village in suburban Andheri, has been arrested.
Dongerkar, according to police, was returning from a party with his friend on the motorcycle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details