Drunk DJ rams motorcycle, police officer critically injured in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 22-year-old drunk youth rammed his motorcycle into an assistant police inspector (API) early this morning while trying to avoid naka-bandi, police said.
API Balaji Dahifude sustained serious injury to the head and other parts and is in a critical condition at the ICU of Cooper hospital, they said.
The incident occurred around 2.50 AM when Dahifude was manning the roadblock alongwith his colleagues at Seven Bungalow on JP road.
The biker, Shahid Mahmood Dongerkar, a Disc Jockey (DJ), and a resident of Versova village in suburban Andheri, has been arrested.
Dongerkar, according to police, was returning from a party with his friend on the motorcycle.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary