Drunk son kills father for money in Maharashtra
Nashik: A 50-year-old man died here after he was roughed up, allegedly by his alcoholic son when he refused to comply with his demands for money, police said on Wednesday.
Popat Hangde succumbed to his injuries at the Nashik civil hospital yesterday after he was admitted with severe wounds on the night of August 25 after the incident at Gangapadali village, they said.
Hangde`s 20-year-old son Machhindra had demanded Rs 700 to purchase a mobile. On being denied the money, he got enraged and severely beat up his father in an inebriated state, following which mother Kamlabai rushed him to the hospital, police said
She later lodged a complaint with Nashik road police station for killing his father.
The accused was subsequently arrested him and a case has been filed under Sections 302, 323 and 504 of IPC against him, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you