Drunk son kills father for money in Maharashtra
Nashik: A 50-year-old man died here after he was roughed up, allegedly by his alcoholic son when he refused to comply with his demands for money, police said on Wednesday.
Popat Hangde succumbed to his injuries at the Nashik civil hospital yesterday after he was admitted with severe wounds on the night of August 25 after the incident at Gangapadali village, they said.
Hangde`s 20-year-old son Machhindra had demanded Rs 700 to purchase a mobile. On being denied the money, he got enraged and severely beat up his father in an inebriated state, following which mother Kamlabai rushed him to the hospital, police said
She later lodged a complaint with Nashik road police station for killing his father.
The accused was subsequently arrested him and a case has been filed under Sections 302, 323 and 504 of IPC against him, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre