Drunk son kills father for money in Maharashtra
Nashik: A 50-year-old man died here after he was roughed up, allegedly by his alcoholic son when he refused to comply with his demands for money, police said on Wednesday.
Popat Hangde succumbed to his injuries at the Nashik civil hospital yesterday after he was admitted with severe wounds on the night of August 25 after the incident at Gangapadali village, they said.
Hangde`s 20-year-old son Machhindra had demanded Rs 700 to purchase a mobile. On being denied the money, he got enraged and severely beat up his father in an inebriated state, following which mother Kamlabai rushed him to the hospital, police said
She later lodged a complaint with Nashik road police station for killing his father.
The accused was subsequently arrested him and a case has been filed under Sections 302, 323 and 504 of IPC against him, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test