Drunken driving: Accused`s med report to be ready in a week
Mumbai: Blood samples of Nooriya Haveliwala
(27), currently in police custody for alleged drunken
driving and killing two persons including a cop, taken to
ascertain if she had also consumed drugs, were sent to
Forensic Laboratory, which would submit its report in a week,
a doctor said.
Haveliwala, a beautician by profession, allegedly under
the influence of alcohol had rammed her car into a police jeep
and a bike early morning yesterday, killing biker Afzal
Maknejia (35) and Dina Nath Shinde (40), an Assistant
Sub-Inspector of the traffic police.
"Her (Haveliwala) blood samples were sent to Forensic
Laboratory to establish if she had also consumed drugs,
besides alcohol. The samples will be examined at the lab to
trace drug contents," A Choudhary, superintendent of G T
hospital where blood samples of the accused were taken, said.
"It would take a week time to get the medical report,"
Meanwhile, traffic police has prosecuted 151 drunken
drivers on the fateful night when the fatal accident occurred.
67 motorists were convicted ranging from one day to
five day simple imprisonment while 76 were given next date of
hearing. Eight motorists did not appear before the court and
licenses of 58 motorists have been suspended.
Since June 2007, when the police began its anti-drunken
driving drive, a total of 21942 were sent to simple
imprisonment while licenses of 21205 motorists were suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark