Drunken driving: Accused`s med report to be ready in a week
Mumbai: Blood samples of Nooriya Haveliwala
(27), currently in police custody for alleged drunken
driving and killing two persons including a cop, taken to
ascertain if she had also consumed drugs, were sent to
Forensic Laboratory, which would submit its report in a week,
a doctor said.
Haveliwala, a beautician by profession, allegedly under
the influence of alcohol had rammed her car into a police jeep
and a bike early morning yesterday, killing biker Afzal
Maknejia (35) and Dina Nath Shinde (40), an Assistant
Sub-Inspector of the traffic police.
"Her (Haveliwala) blood samples were sent to Forensic
Laboratory to establish if she had also consumed drugs,
besides alcohol. The samples will be examined at the lab to
trace drug contents," A Choudhary, superintendent of G T
hospital where blood samples of the accused were taken, said.
"It would take a week time to get the medical report,"
Meanwhile, traffic police has prosecuted 151 drunken
drivers on the fateful night when the fatal accident occurred.
67 motorists were convicted ranging from one day to
five day simple imprisonment while 76 were given next date of
hearing. Eight motorists did not appear before the court and
licenses of 58 motorists have been suspended.
Since June 2007, when the police began its anti-drunken
driving drive, a total of 21942 were sent to simple
imprisonment while licenses of 21205 motorists were suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in