Drunken driving: Accused`s med report to be ready in a week
Mumbai: Blood samples of Nooriya Haveliwala
(27), currently in police custody for alleged drunken
driving and killing two persons including a cop, taken to
ascertain if she had also consumed drugs, were sent to
Forensic Laboratory, which would submit its report in a week,
a doctor said.
Haveliwala, a beautician by profession, allegedly under
the influence of alcohol had rammed her car into a police jeep
and a bike early morning yesterday, killing biker Afzal
Maknejia (35) and Dina Nath Shinde (40), an Assistant
Sub-Inspector of the traffic police.
"Her (Haveliwala) blood samples were sent to Forensic
Laboratory to establish if she had also consumed drugs,
besides alcohol. The samples will be examined at the lab to
trace drug contents," A Choudhary, superintendent of G T
hospital where blood samples of the accused were taken, said.
"It would take a week time to get the medical report,"
Meanwhile, traffic police has prosecuted 151 drunken
drivers on the fateful night when the fatal accident occurred.
67 motorists were convicted ranging from one day to
five day simple imprisonment while 76 were given next date of
hearing. Eight motorists did not appear before the court and
licenses of 58 motorists have been suspended.
Since June 2007, when the police began its anti-drunken
driving drive, a total of 21942 were sent to simple
imprisonment while licenses of 21205 motorists were suspended.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living