Drunken driving: Accused`s med report to be ready in a week
Mumbai: Blood samples of Nooriya Haveliwala
(27), currently in police custody for alleged drunken
driving and killing two persons including a cop, taken to
ascertain if she had also consumed drugs, were sent to
Forensic Laboratory, which would submit its report in a week,
a doctor said.
Haveliwala, a beautician by profession, allegedly under
the influence of alcohol had rammed her car into a police jeep
and a bike early morning yesterday, killing biker Afzal
Maknejia (35) and Dina Nath Shinde (40), an Assistant
Sub-Inspector of the traffic police.
"Her (Haveliwala) blood samples were sent to Forensic
Laboratory to establish if she had also consumed drugs,
besides alcohol. The samples will be examined at the lab to
trace drug contents," A Choudhary, superintendent of G T
hospital where blood samples of the accused were taken, said.
"It would take a week time to get the medical report,"
Meanwhile, traffic police has prosecuted 151 drunken
drivers on the fateful night when the fatal accident occurred.
67 motorists were convicted ranging from one day to
five day simple imprisonment while 76 were given next date of
hearing. Eight motorists did not appear before the court and
licenses of 58 motorists have been suspended.
Since June 2007, when the police began its anti-drunken
driving drive, a total of 21942 were sent to simple
imprisonment while licenses of 21205 motorists were suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video